The Hana Lima Scholarship Program (HLSP) provides financial assistance to students participating in a vocational or technical education program for occupations that can provide a “living wage.” This need-based scholarship is available to students in vocational programs that lead to a specific segment of employment. This scholarship gives financial assistance toward tuition and fees, books, and other required tools or uniforms for a vocational program. Students pursuing a major in Liberal Arts or are taking only pre-requisite courses are strongly encouraged to select a major of study in order to qualify for services.
As An Applicant, You Must Meet The Following Criteria:
- Be of Native Hawaiian Ancestry
- A resident of the State of Hawai‘i
- Received a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Not currently receiving any Kamehameha Schools financial aid for post-secondary education
- Maintain a 2.0 or higher grade point average (GPA)
- Enrolled full-time in a 2-year vocational degree or vocational certification program at one of the approved educational institutions in Hawai‘i listed on the application.
- The Hana Lima Scholarship DOES NOT assist with Baccalaureate, Graduate, or Professional Degrees
Terms And Conditions
- The Hana Lima Scholarship is a $1,000 award to be used toward tuition, fees, books, and other required tools or uniforms for a vocational program. Scholarship checks are mailed directly to the school or program. Please Note The maximum times an applicant may receive the Hana Lima Scholarship is twice during the course of their lifetime.
2021-2022 Academic Year
Click Below to Begin
Applications Accepted Ongoing Throughout The Academic Year And Based On Available Funding